- Overview of the law. Federal and state court laws and regulations for using professional court interpreters (Court Interpreter’s Act, Title VI., etc.)
- Parties and their roles in legal proceedings
- Level of offenses
- NAJIT/NCSC and NHJB Code of Ethics
- Credentials/certifications for court/judicial interpreters
- Interpreter’s role in the courtroom, modes of interpreting
- Appropriate mode of interpreting for witness testimony
- Linguistic interventions protocol
- Court hearings/legal proceedings
- Simultaneous interpreting and sight-translation practice
- Interpreting for law enforcement agencies, DCYF, jail visits, other adversarial situations
- Legal terminology, idiomatic expressions, synonyms/antonyms
- Proceeding observations
- Court forms
This training is taught by our own highly experienced trainers who take pride in delivering a quality educational program. The course registration fee is $100 and the course tuition* is $800. Please see our Training page for frequently asked questions.
*At this time, Language Bank is not accepting financial aid for course tuition.
This is a 80-hour program and attendance to all online classes is mandatory.